There is so much to be thankful for, and these Thanksgiving Prayer Points can help with some ideas.
There is something about gratitude that changes a person’s entire outlook on life. We can all agree that at times it can be hard to feel thankful.
If you’re going through a tough season in life, it can feel as though there is nothing to be thankful for.
But the thing about gratitude is that it is found in the simplest parts of life.
Even when our personal world is spinning off of its axis, there is always something that we can thank God for.
The topic of thanksgiving is very prominent in scripture.
I think that’s because we as humans often need a reminder to be grateful amid our daily routines.
It is not only something that we can experience when we are on a luxurious trip, or when we have achieved a certain goal.
We grow in gratitude when we realize that even the everyday things of life that we take for granted are a blessing from God.
Scripture does not tell us to be thankful in some situations. Rather, it calls us to be thankful in every circumstance.
Wherever you find yourself today. Whatever your circumstances may be, there is something that You can find hope and strength. And it all begins with gratitude.
If you struggle with thanksgiving, or you simply want to learn how to incorporate gratitude into your everyday life, prayer is the perfect place to start.
I know sometimes it’s hard to think of things to be thankful for. I hope that these prayer point ideas and prayers will give you some inspiration.
You can use different verses in the Bible as a guide for your prayers. And you can incorporate thanksgiving into your everyday prayers.
If you’re sharing your thankfulness on social media, you may want to check out these Thanksgiving captions.
Things to Be Thankful For
- God’s love
- Family: The love, support, and connection they provide.
- Friends: Companionship and shared experiences.
- Children: The joy they bring.
- Good Health: A strong foundation for a fulfilling life.
- Career: Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Faith: Belief systems that provide purpose and perspective.
- Love: Finding or being with someone who cares deeply.
- Home: A place of comfort and belonging.
- Safety: Living in a secure and peaceful environment.
- Education: The chance to learn and grow.
- Nature: The beauty and serenity of the natural world.
- Clean Water: A vital resource often taken for granted.
- Nutritious Food: Meals that nourish and sustain.
- Freedom: The ability to make choices and express oneself.
- Laughter: The joy of humor and shared happiness.
- Art and Culture: Enriching life with creativity and diversity.
- Music: The universal language of emotions and inspiration.
- Books: A source of knowledge, escape, and imagination.
- Technology: Enhancing convenience and connection.
- Pets: Companions offering unconditional love.
- Sunrises and Sunsets: Moments of natural beauty.
- Adventure: Exciting experiences and new challenges.
- Travel: Exploring different cultures and places.
- Kindness: Acts of compassion and generosity.
- Mentors: Guiding wisdom from those who inspire.
- Opportunities: Doors that open to new experiences.
- Clean Air: Fresh and healthy breathing.
- Modern Medicine: Advances in healthcare and well-being.
- Memories: Cherished moments that shape us.
- Achievements: Celebrating personal successes.
- Creativity: Expressing oneself through various forms.
- Holidays: Special times with loved ones.
- Supportive Communities: Belonging to groups that care.
- Quiet Moments: Peace and solitude for reflection.
- Traditions: Celebrating heritage and shared rituals.
- Warm Hugs: Comfort and connection through touch.
- Self-Reflection: Growth through introspection.
- Rain: Nourishing the earth and bringing life.
- Learning from Mistakes: Valuable lessons for improvement.
- Inner Strength: Resilience in the face of challenges.
- The Present Moment: Finding meaning and joy in now.
- Senses: Sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell.
- Generosity: Receiving and giving in abundance.
- Life Itself: Every moment is a gift of existence.
- Inspiration: Sources of motivation and positive influence.
- Hope: Belief in a brighter future.
Thanksgiving Prayer Examples For Every Day
Giving Thanks for God’s Enduring Love
1 Chronicles 16:34
“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.”
Thank You for Your enduring love.
If it were not for Your love, I don’t know where I would be today.
Even when I was a lost sinner; You paved a way for me.
Thank You for Christ’s sacrificial love, which has brought me into a relationship with You.
I confess, sometimes it’s easy to get used to the reality that I currently live in.
But everyday that I get to have peace with You through Christ is a reality that I don’t deserve.
There is nothing that I could possibly do to measure up, yet in Christ, You see me as righteous and holy.
Help me to remember that it is of no work of my own, but all because of Christ.
Thank You so much for how good You have been to me.
You have brought me out of deep waters, and placed my feet on solid ground.
Even when I have turned away, You have never kept Your love from me
Thank You for loving me, Lord. Teach me to love as You do.
In Jesus’ name, amen.
Giving Thanks For Daily Provision
1 Timothy 4:4-5
“For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.”
There is nothing that You have created that is not good.
Thank You for how You have looked after me, and for the way You have provided for me.
Thank You for the food on my table and the clothes on my back.
Thank You for sustaining me through each day.
Please give me eyes that always look for Your hand working in my life.
And give me a heart that is filled with gratitude.
Whether I am eating a sandwich or a full course meal, remind me to be thankful because You have provided it for me.
In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen.
Giving Thanks In Tough Times
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I am really going through a difficult time right now.
Some days my struggle is all that I can see, and it distracts me from turning to You, when You are what I need most.
It’s easy to fall into a sense of hopelessness. When my circumstances feel heavy, life begins to look bleak.
But I know that You haven’t promised that we will only have good times on earth.
You have told us that we will face trouble.
But when we face them; You will be with us.
Thank You, Lord, for being with me even in my trial.
Thank You for never forsaking me, and using even the hardest of times to teach me and shape me more and more into Your image.
Please fill me with Your joy and fix my eyes on You and not my circumstances.
No matter what I go through in life, remind me to give thanks, knowing that this is God’s will for me in Christ.
In Jesus’ name, amen.
Giving Thanks For Today
Father In Heaven,
I am so thankful for a new day.
I know our time on earth is limited, and no one is guaranteed a tomorrow.
Sometimes it’s easy to forget that, and live as though we have all the time in the world.
But time is a precious gift that You hold in Your hand. And You give it, and take it in Your sovereignty.
Thank You for giving me more time. Please forgive me for the times when I spend that time poorly, or doing things that don’t honor You.
Help me to see the value in each new day.
Help me to cease each day, with You at the forefront of my life
In Jesus’ name, amen.
Giving Thanks For Loved Ones
You created us to need one another.
I think of those who are in my life today and those who have been in my life in the past.
Though some relationships have come to an end; You have blessed me with those who have struck around.
Thank You for the people who You have placed in my life.
Thank You for teaching me through me, as well as challenging me through them.
I pray that You would help me to be a blessing to them as they have been a blessing to me.
You knew exactly who I would need in my life, and for that I cannot thank You enough.
I pray that You will increase my gratitude towards them, and deepen our relationship even more.
In Jesus’ name, amen.
Thanksgiving Prayer Point Ideas
- Give thanks for God’s grace
- Give thanks for God’s salvation
- Give thanks for Christ’s sacrifice
- Give thanks for a new day
- Give thanks for those you love
- Give thanks for daily meals
- Give thanks for a good night’s rest
- Give thanks for your health
- Give thanks for God’s protection
- Give thanks to God for life
When we live a life of gratitude, we begin to live a life of contentment. Whether we have much, or we are lacking, gratitude always points to the plenty that we can give God thanks for.