If you’re not sure what to pray about, we have a list of 100 things to pray for, to help get you started. When it comes to our prayer life, we may sometimes find ourselves stuck in the same loop of repeated prayers. At times it’s hard to find the words to say or we simply lack inspiration on what to pray for. If that is how you have been feeling lately, don’t be discouraged.
Prayer is an important part of a growing relationship with the Lord and a powerful privilege that we have been given by God. Through prayer, we worship God. Through prayer we make petitions for ourselves or on behalf of others who are struggling. There is so much life found in prayer but sometimes it can be difficult to know what to pray for.
Although there are countless things that you can pray for, sometimes all you need is a little guidance. So you have come to the right place. I’ll be sharing 100 things to pray for, that you can use as inspiration in your prayer life each day.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. – Philippians 4:6
100 Things To Pray About…
You can pray for…
1. A heart that is sensitive to God’s word and the Holy Spirit’s leading through your everyday life.
2. The day ahead, that the Lord would prepare your heart for what lies ahead and give you the energy and discipline to do what you need to do for the day.
3. People who have shared a difficulty in their lives, or who you have seen struggle in silence.
4. Guidance and wisdom for decisions that you are facing in your life that require God’s leading and direction.
5. The leaders of the world, country, and state, who are responsible for decisions that affect communities, families, and individuals daily.
6. The world to know the love of Christ, to see that He died for them and that His way is truth and life.
7. Pray for your family and friends and anything that they may be facing in their lives.
8. That you would be a light to those around you, especially for those who are discouraged and caught in a dark time in their lives.
9. Pray for the safety of children all over the world. That they would be protected from those whose hearts are set on evil or harmful deeds and be guarded against any trauma.
10. Those who find themselves in hospitals today, that their health issues would improve, that the doctors and nurses would be diligent and led by wisdom that they can do their work to the best of their abilities.
Here are some encouraging Bible verses for cancer.
11. That the church would look different from the world. That it truly be the light of the world, drawing sinners like ourselves to it so that they can meet with Jesus, the Savior of their souls.
13. God’s word takes root in your heart and the heart of others who hear or read the word of God whether in their personal quiet time or through the message of someone.
14. Strength to flee from any temptations that might present itself throughout your day.
15. The peace of God to lead you through the day, especially stressful days.
16. The Lord’s comfort toward those who are facing the loss of someone they loved. Pray for widows.
17. An eternal perspective instead of a short-term perspective of life.
18. God’s healing of your heart if there is any bitterness in you toward someone in your life. (How to pray for someone who hates you)
19. God’s forgiveness toward your sin and shortcomings.
20. That you would look more and more like Jesus.
These “I Am” Affirmations from the Bible can help you see how you can become more like Him.
21. For peace when you are feeling anxious about the future. Here are some Psalms for Anxiety you can pray.
22. That God would provide for your daily needs and those who you care for.
23. That God’s will would be done here on earth just as it is in Heaven.
24. For the strength of Christian families, that they would be the foundation of our society.
25. For those struggling with mental health such as depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, and more.
26. Thank God for another day and that He has spared you.
27. Ask the Lord to humble you, and help you lead a life of servanthood.
28. That your life would bring glory to the Lord in all that you do.
29. For your church leaders who carry a heavy responsibility to be diligent with the Lord’s work and take care of the Lord’s flock. (Prayers for your pastor)
30. Financial wisdom, how and where to spend money, or where to show restraint. Some need prayer for a financial miracle.
31. For your mental health, that the Lord would strengthen you, and help you focus on His word instead of lies.
32. Pray for the strength to face difficult trials in your life and that God would use them to shape you into His likeness.
33. For teachers who lead our children, that they may lead them wisely.
34. Pray for the world powers, that they would seek God for wisdom in their leadership.
35. Pray for the healing of those who are facing different illnesses.
36. Pray for those considering abortion, that they might choose life.
37. Pray for the foster system, that it might be improved, and serve the children to the best of their abilities.
38. Pray that orphaned children would find a safe and loving home.
39. Pray for those who are unemployed and struggling to find a job.
(Ideas of how to pray to get a job)
40. Pray for those who are in a job that discourages them, and that God would lead them to something else if their time there has come to an end.
Try these prayers for a good day at work.
41. Pray for a healthy pregnancy for expectant mothers and safe deliveries.
42. Pray for those living with disabilities, that they would be surrounded by a loving community who can support them in the ways that they need.
43. Pray for the lost, who are seeking truth, that they may find Jesus.
44. Pray for those who don’t believe, who are atheists or indifferent to come to Christ.
45. Pray for those who have been hurt by the church to be healed from that hurt and to trust in Jesus, not people.
46. Pray for the heart of worship to return to the church and God’s people.
47. Pray for leaders and servants to rise in the church to serve God and to serve others faithfully. Always praying for your pastor and pastor’s family.
48. Pray for the safety of our schools, that children would be protected from evil plans such as school shootings. Pray for young adults starting college and that everything runs smoothly from college move in day to graduation. That the students will be safe and healthy. (You can make a college first aid kit for your student)
49. Pray for your local government that they will manage their resources wisely.
50. Pray for the fruit of the spirit to increase in your life.
51. Pray for students who are deciding what to do with their lives after school. Prayers for youth are always important!
52. Pray for children to be protected from the dark side of social media and the internet.
53. Ask God to help you find your treasure in Him and not in earthly possessions or accomplishments.
54. Pray for eyes that can see the good in others and believe the best.
55. Pray that you would be an example of Christ to those around you.
56. Pray that Jesus would be exalted on the earth.
57. Pray for the Lord’s return, that it may come speedily.
58. Pray for understanding in situations that you are struggling to comprehend.
59. Ask God to help you trust Him more deeply as He leads you through life. Read about the signs God is answering your prayers.
60. Seek God’s will for your life.
61. Pray that the Gospel would continue to spread, grow and change people’s lives.
62. Pray for impoverished communities and those without any food and essentials.
63. Pray for countries that are under attack by higher or more powerful forces.
64. Ask God to clothe you in His armor, that you might be able to stand firm in the spiritual battle.
65. Thank God for Jesus and His sacrifice on the cross.
66. Ask God to help you look forward to eternity with Him.
67. Pray that God would help you be obedient to His word.
68. Ask God to remove any distractions in your life that prevent you from giving your whole heart to Him.
69. Pray that God will keep you in good health.
70. Ask God to lead you in your parenting, and help you set an example for your children. Here are some prayers for new parents.
71. Pray that you would know the love of God and that you can never be separated from it.
72. Ask God to remind you that you are forgiven and that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
73. Pray that any thoughts that are contrary to God’s word be removed from your mind and replaced with God’s truth.
74. Ask God to renew your mind.
75. Pray that God would help you live by the Spirit instead of in the flesh.
76. Ask God to help you hold your tongue and season your words with love.
77. Ask God to help you lean on Him and His wisdom.
78. Pray that God would help you forgive yourself for past mistakes.
79. Pray that you would both know and walk in your identity in Christ.
(Bible Verses for Identity in Christ.)
80. Ask God to rid you of any worry or anxiety that you are dealing with. Use these prayers for anxiety for some help.
81. Pray that the Lord would comfort those whose hearts are broken.
(Psalms & Bible Verses for Comfort.)
82. Pray that He would wipe the tears of those who are mourning.
83. Pray that He would be close to those who are feeling lonely.
(Bible verses for loneliness)
84. Ask God to lead you to opportunities to serve others.
85. Pray that God would help you be content with what He has given you.
86. Pray that He would help you overcome comparison and competitiveness.
87. Ask that He would help you find your value in Christ.
88. Pray that your faith will grow.
89. Pray that your home and family would be founded on Christ as its foundation. The most important in our family prayer points.
90. Pray for intentional relationships with those in your life.
Try these morning prayers for your family and friends.
91. Pray that you would grow in spiritual discipline.
92. Ask God to heal relationships that have been broken.
93. Thank God for who He is.
94. Ask God to help you love as He loves.
95. Pray for your spouse and their relationship with the Lord.
96. Pray for encouragement during trials.
97. Pray for those who you have said you would pray for in the past.
98. Ask God to give you a heart that breaks for the things that break His heart.
99. Ask God how you can honor Him better in your life.
100. Tell God how thankful you are that you get to have a relationship with Him. Just the start of your Thanksgiving prayer points.
Bible Verses On Prayer
- “Pray without ceasing.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- “If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.” – John 15:7
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” – Philippians 4:6
- “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.” – Matthew 6:7-8
- “The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.” – Psalm 145:18
- “And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.” – 1 John 5:14
- “But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.” – Matthew 6:6
- “Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.” – Jeremiah 29:12
- “And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” – Matthew 21:22
- “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” – Romans 12:12
- “And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.” – James 5:15
- “But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.” – Matthew 5:44
- “If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” – 2 Chronicles 7:14
- “Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.” – Romans 8:26
- “Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.” – James 5:16
- “And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.” – 1 John 5:14-15
- “But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.” – Matthew 6:6 (NKJV)
- “Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.” – Jeremiah 33:3
- “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- “Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” – Hebrews 4:16
This list is a great place to start of 100 different things you can pray for or about. It is not extensive at all.
As you pray, I trust that the Lord will lead you into other areas that you can pray for. Happy praying!